Saturday, October 18, 2008

Called to Serve

Just a quick thought. Our ward primary program is tomorrow, but I'm out of town on a speaking assignments, so I went with the older kids to the practice today. It went well, but here's what stood out to me. At one point, the kids sing "Called to Serve," which is always a tingle-inducing hymn, but I've been thinking more about my mission since the temple was announced in Rome. The other night Summer and I looked through some old mission pictures.

Anyhow, the following thought ran through my mind as the kids sang. In 12 years Ryan will leave for his mission (and I thought I was nervous about him getting baptized next summer!). Now, 12 years might sound like a long time. But here's the scary part--12 years ago I was on my mission. And the years since have gone by quickly.

(As an added bonus, due to their ages, Allyson and Ryan could both be on missions at the same time. My head is now spinning...)

No comments: