Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Real Man

Today was a very relaxed day...until we woke up. Unlike most of the past week, we had no plans or specific obligations, so we began by cleaning the house. While working on our bathroom, Summer asked me to see if I could redo some of the caulking in the kids' bath, which is where the fun began.

Pulling up the faulty caulk I had put in several years ago quickly led to the discovery of water intrusion into some of the drywall. Within an hour I had a pile of dirty caulk bits and a small hole in the wall.

After several hours of work and two trips to Home Depot, I had patched the hole, spackled the other gaps, and cleaned up my mess. We'll now need to repaint, but that was in the cards anyhow.

On one trip to the store I also picked up a rake for all the leaves that fell yesterday. Seven years in New Mexico and we had never had to rake leaves. But this year the trees were big enough to warrant it. So here are some shots of the kids jumping and playing in the leaves:



While I was transferring the leaves to a bag, Summer comments, "You're like a real man today." I suppose it was about time...

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

hmmm in that case Jon is not a "real man" yet. Our backyard is full of leaves. In his defense they really just fell off the trees this week.

ma turner said...

That doesn't look like enough leaves to jump in. When I finished raking my backyard, I had filled 25 "lawn and leaf" sized bags. I can't wait to get that big tree out of our back yard.