Thursday, December 18, 2008

Laundry

I'm officially on vacation, and Summer's been studying for a final exam, so I found myself doing a lot of household stuff this week. This includes laundry, which I find tedious but a step above cleaning the kitchen. But I do have a few rants on this chore.

First, I like my laundry simple. Cotton fibers that are machine dry. I hate all these fancy shirts that Summer (and, increasingly, Allyson) wears that are lay flat to dry or line dry. The other day Summer put a shirt in the laundry basket and, since it's a relatively new shirt, checked the instructions. "Machine wash cold, tumble dry low." My six favorite words. That and "Would you like some more pie?"

Second, we wear a lot of fleece. The load of darks yesterday was 80% fleece--kids' pjs, sweats, etc. A few weeks back I washed a full load of nothing but fleece. It's like a low-rent version of George Castanza's dream of being enveloped in velvet.

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

Not me, I'd rather clean the kitchen (including dishes and mopping the floor) rather than do laundry. I would like someone to invent a dry cycle that takes the same amount of time as a wash cycle.

pinky said...

If we can put a man on the moon...perhaps our next venture should be a robot that folds and puts away the clothes. Or better yet a replacement for the toilet, that prehistoric invention which no modern-day inventor seems interested in improving upon, which I personally despise having to clean. Some sort of system that vaporizes the whole shebang in an instant! You can't get rid of matter...hah!